Railways of the World (10th Anniversary Edition) is the new edition of the base game for Eagle Games' popular Railways of the World series, first published as Railroad Tycoon in 2005. It re-implements the original game with several improvements.
Revisit the early days of the Age of Steam as you begin with a Locomotive (the venerable John Bull, the first locomotive to run in North America) and a vision (your Tycoon Mission Card). From there, build your budding Railroad Network into a vast Empire. Connect New York to Chicago, earn the most money, develop bigger and faster Locomotives and maybe even span North America and build the Transcontinental Railway!
Multiple expansions featuring different Maps are available. Railways of the World: 10th Anniversary Edition is the new base game for the system and includes the Engine Placards, Railroad Tiles, Train tokens, Money, Bonds and other items that are needed in almost all the Railways of the World series. A Game Board depicting the eastern half of the United States is included in the base game, as well as a mounted Map of Mexico!
The 10th Anniversary Edition Includes:
- Completely Updated and Revised Rulebook Compendium; including information for ROTW base game, all expansion and accessories.
- 2 Updated Maps for Railways of Eastern U.S. and Mexico.
- Updated and Revised Railroad Operations, Rail Barons and Reference Cards.
- New Empty City Markers, Wooden Score Disks and ROTW Logo Bag.
- A Wooden First Player Marker.
- Custom Insert.
Game Components also include:
- 150 Plastic Train Miniatures in 6 colors (25 each).
- 125 Wooden "goods" Cubes, in 5 colors (25 each).
- 24 Engine Placards.
- A Stash of Cash, in 3 denominations.
- 20 Empty City Markers, newly sculpted.
- 54 Bond Certificates, in 3 denominations.
- 31 ROEUS Railroad Operations, 12 ROEUS Barons and 6 ROEUS Player Reference Cards.
- 38 ROM Railroad Operations, 12 ROM Barons and 4 ROM Player Reference Cards.
- 217 Railroad Track Tiles.
- 12 New City Markers.